If you’ve never attempted any of these types of finishes before, here’s some tutorial links to get you started. I’ve pulled out the most basic, straightforward tutorials with beginners in mind but there are many others on the tutorial links page:
- Biscornu here – very clear instructions with loads of pictures
- Mattress pincushions here – in French but with loads of pictures. I used this one for my first mattress pincushion and found it easy to do from just the pictures.
- Needlecases here and a slightly different style here
- Needlerolls here – nice, clear tutorial with good explanations and pictures
- Scissor fob here
- Scissor case here – in French with lots of pictures and scissor pocket here (Becky will be doing a class on this one at a later date too, which will have more step-by-step photos if you want to wait for that)
- Tape measure cover here – in Japanese with lots of pictures. I’ve used this one myself and found it very clear and easy to use