The beaded scissor fob class will be held on the weekend of February 16-17. These are so pretty…and so quick and fun to make.
Here are some examples of fobs that I have made in the past:
Supplies that you will need:
* Beading thread
* Pretty beads (the ones that come strung on cards often have smaller coordinating beads along with the larger ones.)
* Spacers (the metal decorative beads shown above…you don’t need to use these, but they are a nice touch and good to at least use at the top and bottom of the fob.)
* Jump ring
* Lobster claw clasp (large enough to hook onto a pair of scissors)
* Needle (any size will work, as long as it will pass through the holes in the beads that you have selected)
* Clear nail polish (optional)
Edited to add: I have found all of my beads & beading supplies at either Hobby Lobby, Michael’s or Walmart. The charms that I used were from Walmart, and the glass beads were from Hobby Lobby. Any of the places mentioned carry spacers, jump rings, and beading thread. I am pretty sure that the large lobster claw clasps were found at Hobby Lobby. They have their stock organized more by brand then category, so you may have to check in a couple of different spots in the beading aisle. The ones that I used measure about 1 inch from end to end, and about 1/2 inch wide.
So, gather your supplies and get ready for a fun class! Please let me know if you have any questions about the supply list 🙂
Hi just wanted to know where you got your lobster claw clasps…the biggest I can find are 16mm but I’ve noticed for gingher scissors they’re a little tight. Do you know of any place that would sell a 18mm or even a 20mm? Looking forward to the class, I’ve never made a fob using beading thread before 🙂
si no consigue una claw grande puede usar un anzuelo de pesca. El cual puedes conseguir en las tiendas de deportes es donde se anuda el anzuelo con carnada
interlock snap for fish
Oh, thank you so much for this class. I have some lampwork cat head beads and a scissor fob was exactly what I wanted to do with them. This idea would also make a great bookmark. Ana
thanks ever so much i have been wanting to make one for so long and now i can thanks mary
Thank you for the tutorial, I used it to make the fobs pictured on my blog. So much fun!