We shall be having an embellished bag class weekend on 20 -21 October. Hope that you’ll join us.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need to make an embellished bag
- stitched piece, leaving a generous margin around the design. My design was 9 cm x 16cm (3 1/2″ x 6″) and I added a 1-cm seam allowances for this project
- fabric of the same size – I tend to cut mine slightly larger
- ribbon for the hanger
- Beaded trim
- sewing thread that matches.
- ruler or measurer’s tape
- (optional) pinking shears
- seam ripper or small pointed scissors
- chopstick or whatnot to turn your work inside out and make crisp corners
- hand-sewing needle
- Sewing machine (optional)
This is a very easy project, and while a sewing machine will make your work go quicker, you can do this by hand. Anyone can do this project – it’s really easy peasy!
Please feel free to ask if you have any question. We all know there is no such thing as a dumb question